HouseMate Residency Program
HouseMate is a 2 week residency program in the Pilsen neighborhood of Chicago. Accepted residents will have a private room and a connected studio space that once was the living room. There is no housing or tuition fee, residents will pay for their own travel, supplies, food and personal needs. Each session is customized for the individual resident interests. Residency includes field trips to local museums and conservatories. Attending lectures, openings and performances throughout Chicagoland and 2 formal studio visits with local curators, thinkers and fellow artists. Other programming available upon request.
This residency is very goofy and essentially an invitation to come live in my two bedroom apartment with me for 2 weeks. I will cater a entire Chicago arts experience to the current needs of your practice, I will serve as a tour guide, research assistant and art admin to assist your growth.
Deadline: August 20, 2018
Send your completed application to marcelae.torres at gmail.com , with the following items.
1. Artist Statement (300 words max)
2. Current project description (300 words max)
3. Website link or google drive folder to view work.
4. Please answer the following questions in the body of the email.
- What are your interests in this residency? It is an unusual format and located in Chicago.
- What kind of roommate are you?
- What are the biggest challenges in your practice?
- What is your preferred session?